Teen Pledge for Being
Smart and Safe Online
- I will be respectful to myself and others. I won’t bully and won’t tolerate bullying by others.
- I will be a good online friend and be supportive of my friends and others who might be in trouble or in need of help.
- I won’t post or send pictures or other content that will embarrass me, get me into trouble or jeopardize my privacy or security.
- I will respect other people’s privacy and be courteous when posting photos or other content about them.
- I’ll be conscious of how much time I spend on the web, phone and other devices and won’t let use interfere with sleep, school work and face-to-face relationships.
- If they need my help, I’ll assist my parents, teachers others in their use of technology.
- I will respect other people’s digital property and space. I won’t steal, hack, break into anyone else’s accounts or use other’s content without permission.
- I will protect my passwords and practice good Net security.
- I will be thoughtful in my use of copy, paste and forwarding. If I use anyone else’s content or images I will quote them, give them credit and link to them if appropriate.
- I will help create a culture of respect and tolerance at my school and among my peers.
Digital Citizenship and Internet Safety
Websites and Games